FREDERICK, MD PBJ PLEA
If you’ve committed a crime in Frederick, MD and are worried about the harsh penalties that could be coming your way, working with an experienced criminal defense lawyer can help you lessen your charges. Any quality DUI attorney will be able to help you push for a plea that can keep you from serving jail time.
What Exactly is Probation Before Judgment (PBJ)?
Probation Before Judgment is a deferred adjudication that provides defendants the opportunity to either have their case dismissed or to avoid a formal conviction as long as they:
- Follow the orders of the judge within the PBJ assessment, and
- Plead “guilty” or “no contest” to the charges.
What are the Common Conditions of PBJ?
You always want to avoid a conviction, but that doesn’t come without a cost. In order for your Frederick, MD PBJ to be upheld, the judge will make a list of requirements that you need to follow for a specified period of time. Some common requirements include:
- Performing community service.
- Attending addiction treatment or rehabilitation.
- Paying fines and/or restitution.
- Attending compliance hearings.
- Refraining from certain activities or contact with certain persons.
How Your Frederick, MD Criminal Defense Lawyer Can Help
When you’re involved in any type of crime or unlawful behavior, it’s critical that you work with an experienced criminal defense attorney in Frederick, MD. The responsibilities your lawyer will take on in your criminal case are:
- Advocating for your rights.
- Collecting all necessary information and providing the best defense possible.
- Keeping you up-to-date with each step in your criminal case.
- Seeking a PBJ plea if you’re eligible, and working to prove you won’t be a repeat offender.
- Ensuring you receive a fair judgment.
- Confirming that the courts uphold their side of the plea deal.
Here at Albers & Associates, we’ve been providing our PBJ plea deal services to Frederick, MD and other surrounding areas for years. We know how trying of a time this is for you, so don’t try and deal with it alone. Let us help by reaching out to us today to set up your free legal consultation.