What Should I Bring to my Initial Consultation With a Personal Injury Attorney?
When people are injured in an accident that was not their fault, there is a very good chance they will require financial compensation to help them get back on their feet again. Unfortunately, for many, the personal injury claims process is often daunting, which causes them to neglect to hire an attorney who can fight for the compensation they need. Do not let this happen to you. Below, we have compiled a wealth of information regarding how to prepare for your initial consultation with one of our personable, knowledgeable Maryland personal injury attorneys. Here are some of the questions you may have:
What documents should I bring when I meet with my attorney for the first time?
As with most things in life, it is always best to be prepared when you meet with your attorney. This means that you will have to provide your attorney with various documents and other information related to the circumstances of your accident and the injuries you have sustained as a result. For example, your attorney will most likely ask to review the following:
- Any police reports documenting the accident, as well as any medical documentation you receive regarding the extent and severity of your injuries
- Witness contact info, which can include emails, phone numbers, business cards, and just about any other valid means of communication so that they can verify your personal injury claim if need be
- A written description of the accident and how it happened
- Pictures or videos of the accident, its aftermath, and your injuries.
- Any conversation or communication you may have had with the opposing party or his or her insurance companies
- Your insurance information
- Any damages incurred, such as lost wages, medical bills, and more
What questions will my attorney ask me at my initial consultation?
You should be prepared to answer several questions regarding your accident and its aftermath, such as your prognosis, how your injuries affect you on a day-to-day basis, and whether you have spoken with the opposing party’s insurance company. Additionally, your attorney will want to know whether you have ever been involved in an accident, where you are currently employed, and any other information he or she deems necessary to win your case.
Contact our experienced Maryland firm
If you have been injured in an accident and wish to speak with an attorney about your best course of action, contact the Albers & Associates today.
Albers & Associates is comprised of experienced personal injury, criminal defense, and family law attorneys. Our firm is proud to serve clients in Baltimore, Maryland. If you require strong legal representation that will fight to protect your future, contact the attorneys at Albers & Associates to schedule a consultation.