Skip to Content Top
PROFESSIONAL. RESPONSIVE. RESULTS. Can you transfer DUI probation to another county? maryland's top legal team

Can you transfer DUI probation to another county?

Sometimes, a client needs to transfer DUI probation to the county they live in.

Transfer DUI Probation from Arresting County to Residing County

For example, a recent client received supervised probation for a DUI case in the eastern shore of Maryland.  The client was instructed to report to Parole and Probation after court.  The client is from Westminster, Carroll County, Maryland and was in Ocean City over the summer for vacation when he was arrested for DUI.  The client was very concerned about having to report to a probation officer on the eastern shore from Carroll County.

Luckily, Carroll County DUI Attorney Ross W. Albers was able to successfully argue to allow his client to transfer his probation to Carroll County, Maryland.

If you are found guilty or plead guilty to driving under the influence in a county you do not reside in, then your Maryland Drunk Driving Attorney should ask the court to transfer DUI probation to your county of residence.

Most, if not all courts, will accommodate this request, but it is important to have a DUI Attorney that knows to make the request.  Sometimes, probation officers won’t transfer a probation unless the court gives them permission.  I’ve run into this problem with clients that need to travel out of the state or out of the country.

Contact Westminster DUI Attorney Ross W. Albers

If you have been arrested for a Maryland DUI, Baltimore City DUI, Carroll County DUI, Harford County DUI, or Frederick County DUI, then contact Maryland DWI Attorney Ross W. Albers for a free consultation.

Maryland Attorney Ross W. Albers is a former Baltimore City prosecutor.  Albers & Associates is located in Carroll County and handles the following matters throughout Maryland: criminal defense, driving under the influence defense, juvenile defense, peace orders, personal injury, and small claims litigation.

The post Can you transfer DUI probation to another county? appeared first on Albers and Associates.
Share To:

Contact Albers & Associates Today!

We’re Ready to Help

A member of our team will be in touch shortly to confirm your contact details or address questions you may have.

  • Please enter your first name.
  • Please enter your last name.
  • Please enter your phone number.
    This isn't a valid phone number.
  • Please enter your email address.
    This isn't a valid email address.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please make a selection.
  • Please enter a message.