When you suffer an injury, it’s vital to work with a reliable and licensed personal injury lawyer in Towson, MD who can help you recover damages and get you the compensation you deserve. Here is a quick guide on what to look for in a personal injury lawyer.
Experience with Your Personal Injury
The ideal personal injury lawyer will have experience with many different types of injuries and accidents including:
- Dog bite injuries
- Slip-and-fall injuries
- Spinal and brain injuries
- Workplace accidents and Worker’s Compensation claims
- Car accidents
- Motorcycle accidents
- Truck accidents
- Bicycle accidents
- Serious personal injury cases
Knowledge of the Personal Injury Legal Process
Personal injury cases can be long and complex, so it’s essential that your personal injury lawyer be well-versed in the legal process. To get an idea, here are the steps you’ll typically go through when your attorney begins working to get you compensation for a personal injury in Maryland:
- You will first meet with your attorney to discuss the details of your injury.
- Next, your lawyer will file the lawsuit which includes the completing of documents like a summons, answers, claims and counterclaims, etc.
- Going through the discovery phase where your personal injury lawyer will collect in-depth information regarding your injury which can involve interviewing witnesses to the accident.
- Before your trial begins, your attorney will attempt pre-trial resolutions in order to resolve your case before it goes to court.
- If a resolution is achieved, your case will go to settlement which means both you and your lawyer are satisfied with the agreed-upon compensation.
- If a resolution is not achieved, your personal injury case will go to trial where your lawyer will defend your case with the goal of recovering damages from your accident for you.
- When your case is won, you can then collect monetary damages.
Why Choose Albers & Associates
We are expert personal injury lawyers in Towson, MD and have locations throughout Maryland allowing us to serve anyone in-state who needs help recovering damages from an accident or injury. Our legal team knows that it takes research and meticulous review to successfully resolve a personal injury case and that being injured due to the negligence of someone else can have severe consequences, both personal and financial.
At Albers & Associates, we are seasoned professionals at negotiating with insurance defense attorneys in court so you can focus on recovering from your injury as we fight for you. We have many years of experience with all kinds of injuries and accidents, and will work with you personally to ensure the best outcome from your personal injury case. Contact us today to schedule your free legal consultation.