Rated on Google

Civil Litigation

Need Legal Litigation Services?
Albers & Associates Can Help.

In situations where a dispute cannot be settled with discussion, one party may sue the other. Though the process is long and often costly, a civil suit can be used to seek damages when you have been wronged. No matter which side of the lawsuit you’re on, you’re going to need a Maryland Civil Lawyer.

Judge gavel, scales of justice and law books in court

The expert legal team at Albers & Associates can assist you with all manners of Civil Litigation in Maryland including:

  • Property Disputes
  • Family Law Matters
  • Personal Injury
  • Breaches of Contracts
  • Negligence
  • And More!

Our offices help to serve the Westminster, Columbia, Towson, and surrounding areas in Maryland with high-quality, aggressive civil litigation services.

I’ve Received a Complaint. What Do I Do Next?

If someone has filed a complaint and a summons against you, you will need to respond to the documents within the outlined time frame. The complaint will most likely be put together by a lawyer, which means your opposition already has legal counsel. So, the real first step, if someone has filed a complaint about you, is to contact a Maryland civil lawyer immediately.

Additionally, you must respond to the complaint as soon as you receive it. If you don’t, the plaintiff will seek a default judgment from the court. If a default judgment is made, you will miss your chance to argue your side of the story, and the outcome may be one of the worst-case scenarios.

Should I Settle A Civil Dispute Out of Court?

This depends on the specific circumstances of your case. Without knowing the nature of your dispute and the details of your situation, it is impossible to know the best course of action for your case. If you’re thinking about settling, contact a Maryland Civil Law Attorney before you agree to anything. Albers & Associates will take a look at your situation and make sure that you aren’t getting an unfair deal.

I’ve Received a Counterclaim to My Complaint. What Do I Do?

If the defendant has decided to counter-sue you, you will need to respond to their complaint as they responded to yours. That is to say, you will need to file an answer with the courts.

Again, get in touch with a local, reliable attorney who can help guide you through this process.

Is My Claim Against the Defendant Legitimate?

Unsurprisingly, you can’t just sue anyone for anything. If you’re not sure whether or not your claim is legitimate, the best way to know for sure is to seek the advice of a legal professional. We can advise you on the nature of your claim and whether or not it is within the approved guidelines and statute of limitations.

Can I Sue a Business?

There are circumstances in which you may wish to sue a business entity or a company for false advertising, faulty products, or any number of reasons. Depending on the nature of your complaint, and the damages suffered, you may be able to make a case to recover some of the damages you have suffered.

However, if the nature of your complaint applies to a large group of people, you may wish to file a class-action lawsuit.

A class-action lawsuit can be particularly difficult to win when the defendant is a well-known entity with a great deal of money. Wealthy defendants will often have a highly experienced team of legal professionals on their side.

Albers & Associates Is Here to Help

If you have questions about how to file a complaint, respond to a summons, or any other aspect of your civil case, contact the professionals at Albers & Associates today to discuss the specifics of your situation.

Get Expert Legal Help

View Areas Served

Baltimore County Attorney: Arbutus (21227), Catonsville (21228, 21250), Cockeysville (21030, 21031, 21065), Dundalk (21222), Edgemere (21219), Essex (21221), Garrison (21055), Lansdowne (21227), Lochearn (21207), Lutherville (21093), Middle River (21220), Milford Mill (21244), Overlea (21236), Owings Mills (21117), Parkville (21234), Park Heights (21215), Pikesville (21208), Randallstown (21133), Reisterstown (21136), Rosedale (21237), Timonium (21093), Towson (21204), White Marsh (21162), Woodlawn (21207), and more.

Carroll County Attorney: Eldersburg (21784), Finksburg (21048), Hampstead (21074), Manchester (21102), Marriottsville (21104), Taneytown (21787), Union Bridge (21791), Westminster (21157, 21158), Mount Airy (21771), New Windsor (21776), Sykesville (21784), Woodbine (21797), Taneytown (21787), and more.

Frederick County Attorney: Frederick (21701, 20702, 21703, 21709), New Market (21774) , Mount Airy (21771), Urbana (21704), Ijamsville (21754), Walkersville (21793), Libertytown (21762), Damascus (20872), and more.

Harford County Attorney: Aberdeen (21001), Abingdon (21009), Bel Air (21014, 21015), Darlington (21034), Edgewood (21040), Forest Hill (21050), Jarrettsville (21084), Joppa (21085), Pylesville (21132), Whiteford (21160), White Hall (21161)

Howard County Attorney: Clarksville (21029), Columbia (21044), Cooksville (21723), Dorsey (21075), Elkridge (21075), Ellicott City (21043), Fulton (20759), Glenelg (21737), Glenwood (21738), Granite (21163), Hanover (21076), Highland (20777), Jessup (20794), Lisbon (21765), Marriottsville (21104), North Laurel (20723), West Friendship (21794), Woodbine (21797), Woodstock (21163), and more.

Montgomery County Attorney: Olney (20832), Damascus (20872), Laytonsville (20882), Silver Spring (20910), Clarksburg (20871), Gaithersburg (20878), Germantown (20876), Bethesda (20816), Chevy Chase (20815), and more.