Traffic violations in Frederick, Maryland can come with minor to major penalties depending on the severity of your offense. These violations can come with exorbitant fines, suspension of driving privileges, and jail time. Because of this, it’s vital to work with an experienced Frederick, MD traffic tickets lawyer so that you can avoid harsh penalties and live as normal of a life as possible after your offense.
The Traffic Cases We Can Help You With
At Albers & Associates, we handle a wide variety of cases involving traffic violations, including:
- Speeding Tickets
- Reckless Driving
- Moving Violations
- Driving on a Suspended License
- Car Accidents
…and more. If you committed a violation while in your vehicle or were involved in a vehicle accident, you can trust our expert lawyers to advocate for your rights and get you the legal help you deserve.
Tips for Handling a Traffic Stop
When you’re pulled over by a law enforcement officer, it’s important to consider these tips in order to keep the situation calm and not escalate things, as this could result in harsher charges and more severe penalties when it comes time to try your case in court.
- Don’t Panic. Whether you know why you are being pulled over or not, it’s best to remain calm. Letting panic take over can lead you to drive recklessly, and can result in worse penalties for you.
- Pull Over When it is Safe. Wait until you see a place to safely pull over on the side of the road or into a parking lot and use hazards and/or turn signals to alert the law enforcement officer to your intentions.
- Turn Off the Vehicle. Once you are safely pulled over, it’s good to turn the vehicle off, place your car keys on the dashboard, and rest your hands calmly on the steering wheel or in your lap. This shows the officer that you aren’t intending to speed off or leave the traffic stop.
- Be Accommodating. Although you should not allow the officer to push you to admit guilt, you should be polite and accommodating and keep your answers honest and short.