Injured in a car accident?
Know Your Rights.
Albers & Associates knows that an automobile accident can cause inconvenience, injury, lost wages, pain, suffering, and permanent injury. The most important thing is to take care of your injuries, but you need a Carroll County Auto Accident Attorney to handle the insurance companies.
Don’t be a victim of the car insurance adjuster’s Deny. Delay. Defend. tactics!
Albers & Associates has settled and litigated automobile injury cases throughout Maryland.
Injured in a Carroll County Car Accident?
Carroll County automobile accidents are sudden, unexpected and often result in serious and long-term injuries and inconvenience.
Call the police and seek medical attention right away.
Be sure to get the police report number so you can obtain a copy of it later. Failure to seek medical attention within a reasonable time following your injury may later be used to suggest that you were not injured badly or at all. Keep all appointments with your doctor and strictly follow your doctor’s advice. Keep a diary of how you are feeling and how your injuries impact your daily activities.
Document what happened.
Get the contact information of anyone who witnessed the accident. Be sure to take pictures of the accident site and the vehicles involved. Get the contact and insurance information of the other drivers involved in the accident. Write down everything you remember about how the accident happened, including what others involved in the accident said to you at the scene. Take pictures of your injuries. Have someone do these things for you if your injuries keep you from doing any of them yourself. Click here for tips on documenting a Maryland car accident.
Call Albers & Associates after your accident.
Do not speak to the other driver’s insurance company or attorney. Do not sign any documents. Do not give recorded statements. Trying to represent yourself before contacting an attorney may cause you more harm in the long run and will not save you money!
How much money can I recover for my Carroll County Car Accident Injuries?
Typically, Carroll County accident victims recover their medical bills, lost wages and noneconomic damages (pain/suffering/inconvenience) in a car accident case. But, as you can see, what can be consider as damages is a lot.
In an claim for damages in a car collision injury case, the following shall be considered:
- The personal injuries sustained and their extent and duration;
- The effect such injuries have on the overall physical and mental health and well-being of the plaintiff;
- The physical pain and mental anguish suffered in the past and that with reasonable probability may be expected to be experienced in the future;
- The disfigurement and humiliation or embarrassment associated with such disfigurement;
- The medical and other expenses reasonably and necessarily incurred in the past and that with reasonable probability may be expected in the future;
- The loss of earnings in the past and such earnings or reduction in earning capacity that with reasonable probability may be expected in the future.
- All damages that you find for pain, suffering, pre-impact fright, inconvenience, physical impairment, disfigurement, loss of consortium, or other non-pecuniary damages.”
If you have been injured by a rule-breaking negligent driver in Carroll County, Maryland, then contact Albers & Associates.
Schedule a free Carroll County Auto Accident Attorney consultation
If you or a family member has been injured because of someone else’s careless or negligent acts, then call Albers & Associates to schedule a free Carroll County car accident lawyer consultation.
Albers & Associates offers contingency fee arrangements: No Recovery. No Fee. No Expense.
If your car collision injury prevents you from coming to our office in Westminster, Maryland, then we will come to you! Evening and weekend appointments are available, too.