Traffic violations are those committed while operating a motor vehicle in Maryland. If you’ve received a traffic ticket, the professional attorneys at Albers & Associates can help you understand the penalties and help you fight for a dismissal of the ticket.
Types of Traffic Violations
There are many different violations that can be committed while you are driving. Here are some of the most common reasons you’ll be eligible to receive a traffic ticket in Towson, MD:
- If you are driving while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- If you are driving without a license.
- If you are driving on a suspended license.
- If you are driving without insurance.
- If you are driving without registration.
- If you make an illegal U-turn.
- If you fail to stop at a red light or stop sign.
- If you leave the scene of an accident.
- If you commit a hit-and-run.
- If you are negligent or reckless while driving.
- If you do not use your seatbelt properly.
- If you drive over the posted speed limit.
Penalties for Traffic Violations in Towson, MD
Some of the aforementioned penalties carry more than just traffic charges and depending on the severity can be considered criminal activity as well. Minor traffic violations commonly carry such penalties as:
- License suspension or revocation
- Points assessed on driving record
- Requirement to appear in court
Getting Your Traffic Ticket Dismissed
When you receive a traffic ticket, you may simply accept the penalties and pay any fines necessary and try to forget about the whole thing. But sometimes, fighting your charges can result in traffic ticket dismissal and keep you from having to pay fines or have points added to your driving record.