Hurricane Sandy Insurance Companies Deny Delay Defend Claims
Category: Maryland Personal Injury
March 6, 2015
Great story by 60 Minutes on Hurricane Sandy about the #DenyDelayDefend tactics used by the insurance companies to minimize the claims of Hurricane Sandy victims.
Hurricane Sandy Insurance Tactics Similar to Auto Insurance
I was struck by how similar the tactics used to deny benefits to natural disaster victims are to those used to deny claims made by victims in auto accidents in Maryland.
- The victim pays their monthly insurance premium.
- Disaster strikes.
- The victim is injured.
- The victim makes an insurance claim.
- The insurance company’s #DenyDelayDefend tactics begin.
- The victim tries to reason with the insurance company.
- The insurance company’s #DenyDelayDefend tactics continue.
- The victim retains a personal injury attorney to go toe-to-toe with the insurance company’s #DenyDelayDefend tactics.
- The victim’s personal injury attorney exposes the insurance company’s fraud.
- The insurance company backs down.
It’s amazing how the same insurance tactics are used to minimize large natural disasters and small rear end Maryland auto accidents. Kudos to Mostyn Law for exposing the truth and fighting for their Hurricane Sandy clients.
At the Law Office of Ross W. Albers, we don’t settle for insurance denials and unreasonable settlements. If you case needs to be litigated, then we will litigate the case. You deserve fair and reasonable compensation for you Westminster auto accident injuries.
Medical bills and lost wages can start to add up. Don’t accept the first settlement offer from the insurance company. Continue to negotiate until it’s time to take the negligent driver and their unreasonable insurance company to court.
Schedule a Free Carroll County Personal Injury Consultation
The Law Office of Ross W. Albers is located in Westminster, Maryland. Carroll County Personal Injury Attorney Ross W. Albers is a former Maryland insurance adjuster that knows what you’re up against. If you have been injured in a Maryland automobile accident, then call Maryland Personal Injury Attorney Ross W. Albers for a free consultation.